Rohloff E-14 Android App
What you can expect to find on this page
Remote updates can be uploaded and installed in any Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit via remote connection using an Android mobile device running the new Rohloff E-14 App.
Furthermore, dealers are now able to use this App to swap the software to that required by the motor brand in use.
The Rohloff E-14 App is compatible with all Smartphones running Android version 6 or above. The App can be found in the Google Playstore by clicking on the following link:
- Bosch: From December 2018
- Panasonic FIT: From July 2019
The E-14 App requries permissions for various mobile device system features, in order to function correctly:
- Location: The App initially asks for access to the "location services (GPS)". This is necessary to enable the App to locate the remote signal emitted from the E-14 Shifter Unit. This requirement stems from the Android-Architecture. Rohloff would like to assure all customers that at no stage, will your physical location be made accessible to the Rohloff AG.
- Data Storage: The E-14 software needs to be saved somewhere on your mobile device, between downloading form our server and uploading to the E-14 Shifter Unit.
- Camera: Access to the camera is necessary to scan the E-14 Shifter Unit barcode.