Splined Carrier with Lock-Ring for Carbon Drive / SPEEDHUB splined sprockets (15t upwards)
The new Rohloff lock-ring Splined Carrier (Art.#8540L / Art.#8540SL) have been specially developed for the use with Carbon Drive splined sprockets and will be available as an addition to the ‘regular’ (Art.#8540) and ‘slim’ (Art.#8540S), tool-free Rohloff Splined Carriers. These can however also be used with SPEEDHUB Splined Sprockets with 15 or more teeth.
The main difference between these new lock-ring Splined Carrier's and the other two existing Splined Carriers, is that the ‚L/SL‘ versions secure the sprocket in place using a lock-ring which will require the use of a face-wrench, hook-wrench or the special Rohloff Lock-Ring tool (Art.#8518).
The lock-ring should be secured with a tightening torque of 30 Nm (do not use screw locking agents).
The lock-ring ensures that sprockets are secured laterally to the Splined Carrier 'L/SL' and thus eliminates the micro-movement that can occur due to the the pre-tension of the Carbon Drive belt when using Carbon Drive splined sprockets.
These new articles (#8540L, 8540SL & #8518) became available since the end of August 2018.
Compatibility of Splined Carrier 'L/SL' with SPEEDHUB Splined Sprockets:
- 13 & 14 tooth SPEEDHUB Splined Sprockets: - Not compatible!
- 15 - 19 & 21 tooth SPEEDHUB Splined Sprockets: - Compatible!
- We recommend use of the regular splined carriers (Art.# 8540 & Art.# 8540S) for chain use due to the advantages of tool-free sprocket mounting/removal.
The Splined Sprocket Carrier 'L/SL' is not compatible with any Hebie Chainglider.
- Art.#8540L: Rohloff Splined Carrier L (incl. Lock-Ring)
- Art.#8540SL: Rohloff Splined Carrier Slim L (incl. Lock-Ring)
- Art.#8538: Rohloff Lock-Ring (available separately)
- Art.#8518: Rohloff Lock-Ring tool
- Splined Carrier Lock-Ring Montageanleitung (8540L/8540SL)
- Lock-ring Splined Carrier - Assembly Instructions (8540L/8540SL)
- Montage du support cannelé (8540L/8540SL)
- Splined Carrier Lock-Ring Montagehandleiding (8540L/8540SL)
- Pay close attention to the mounting instructions to reduce operational noise development.