If the Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 was not shifted into gear number 14 prior to removal of the Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit, you will need to follow the process outlined directly below.
Shift the Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 per hand, into gear number 14 by rotating the shifting shaft manually using an 8mm wrench. Gear 14 will require the shifting shaft to be rotated in a counter-clockwise direction as shown in the illustration to the left.
Now complete the following steps:
- Connect the Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit to the Bosch eBike System.
- Install the Bosch eBike System battery back into the bicycle.
- Switch Bosch eBike System “on“.
- Use the '+' button to shift the E-14 Shifter Unit into gear number 14 (gear indicator shown in Bosch display)
- Switch Bosch eBike System “off“.
- Remove the battery back from the Bosch eBike System.
- Disconnect the Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit from the Bosch eBike System.
Attaching the Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit back onto Rohloff the SPEEDHUB 500/14
Refer to Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 Owners Manual – Appendix “Grub Screw of the External Gear Mech”
Orientate the blind hole of the Rohloff E-14 Shifter Unit so that this is located directly over the grub-screw (as illustrated in photos above).